Kelp, Wild Atlantic Kombu, Organic by Maine Coast Sea Vegetable
Premium Sugar Kelp (Saccharina latissima) whole leaf. Sugar Kelp is a versatile sea vegetable that can be used in place of traditional Japanese Kombu. Crumble whole leaf kelp into soup, or include some as kelp noodles with your favorite pasta recipe! Sustainably wild-harvested in the pristine waters of the North Atlantic Ocean and tested for quality and contaminants.
- Certified Organic
- Dried at low temperatures to preserve enzymes, nutrients, and the environment
- Naturally high in iodine...3,200 mcg per g.
- Also contains potassium, iron, Vitamin B6, riboflavin, and dietary fiber.
- Naturally rich in glutamic acid, an amino acid that enhances flavor! Glutamic acid is responsible for the flavor umami.
- Kelp phytochemicals have been shown in some lab studies to absorb and eliminate radioactive isotopes and heavy metals from the digestive tract of mammals.
Dried seaweed is a nutritional powerhouse. Sea vegetables provide all 56 minerals and trace elements required for your body's physiological functions, some in quantities greatly exceeding those of land plants. They contain significant levels of vitamins, including the B vitamins, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C. Their protein content ranges from 10% to almost 40%, and they contain all or most of the essential amino acids required by humans. They’re low in fat and high in fiber; two qualities that make them healthy for the heart. And then, of course, there’s iodine. Sea vegetables are one of the highest natural sources of dietary iodine, even when eaten in small quantities.
7 gm serving
≈ ⅓ cup
98 mg Calcium
2 mg Iron
500 mg Potassium
19,000 ng Iodine.